Skip to content
- See the Regulations for all AC leagues
- A team shall consist of four members
- Games shall be 26 points handicap.
- Time limits shall be at the discretion of the competing team captains, however, if the time limit for a game is reduced then 4 hoop points should be removed for every half hour down to the minimum of a 14 point game. Allocation of bisques must also be adjusted according to the Schedule of Bisques in Modified Games (Schedule 1 in The Laws of Association Croquet).
- The result for a division of the league shall be decided as follows:
- Match points: 2 points for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss
- If there is a tie: game wins against all opponents
- If two teams are tied: the match result between them (‘who beat whom’).
- If more than two teams are tied: the greater number of game wins in matches between them.
- If there is still a tie: the winner is the team that scored the greatest hoop difference in the matches between the tied teams.
- If there is still a tie: then the winner is the team that scores the greatest hoop difference in all matches played.
- The final between the winner of the Northern Division and the winner of the Southern Division will be played on a pre-declared date in September. The final shall be hosted by the Northern club in odd numbered years and by the Southern club in even numbered years . The final will be in accordance with the Secretary Shield competition rules, with 2 singles and a doubles in the morning followed by 4 singles in the afternoon. If Oxford University are one of the qualifiers, in light of their ‘special circumstances’, the arrangements for the final will be altered to a pre-declared ‘reserve date’ in October.
If BOTH qualifying Clubs desire to alter these dates, this may be possible with the agreement of the League Manager, providing the Final is still played before the qualification date for the CA Secretary Shield the following year.